At Faircity Hotels we strive to offer a sustainable culture of 'fast, efficient, professional and friendly' service in an entrepreneurial working environment. If you believe that you would fit into this culture, a career at Faircity Hotels may be for you.
Below are career opportunities currently available within the group:
To achieve the hotel’s overall budget, retain existing clients and drive new business within the agreed rates and credit policies, by promoting the image and services of Faircity Roodevallei and the Faircity Group as a whole.
- To achieve the hotel’s overall annual budget.
- To maintain and expand relationships with existing clients in order to secure increased repeat business from them by visiting and contacting them at regular intervals.
- To secure new business from the Corporate, Government, NGO, Parastatal, Intermediary and Individual markets by means of accurate prospecting, conscientious cold calling and organised follow-up.
- To drive RevPar to agreed levels by ensuring maximum room occupancy at the best available rates.
- To manage credit application and negotiated rates with clients within the framework of internal policies & procedures.
- To generate profitable new business opportunities by creatively packaging and promoting the hotels’ range of products and services.
- To co-ordinate marketing material like brochures and rate sheets in terms of availability and distribution, as well as checking whether branding standards are being maintained.
- To be readily available at all times to assist with the resolution of problems and complaints within a set mandate.
- To attend Sales & Management meetings as required.
- To ensure accurate and timeous submission of all reports and administrative work including, but not
limited to, the following:
- Report on sales disablers and offer suggestions on possible solutions;
- Update & maintain database of existing and prospective client information, i.e. contact names & details, unique requirements, status, etc.
- Report on sales calls made, reflecting progress and/or obstacles;
- Report on trends within the industry and offer suggestions on how these could be implemented; etc.
- To present sales presentations in electronic and other required media.
- To arrange, prepare and represent the hotels at trade fairs and exhibitions.
- To execute a promotional calendar together with GM and web developers.
- To manage and co-ordinate internal promotions and events.
- To work within the agreed marketing budget.
- In depth understanding of the hotel industry.
- Good knowledge of sales and marketing practices.
- Understanding of branding and corporate identity.
Job Related Skills:
- English proficiency (Essential).
- Computer literacy of MS Office (Essential).
- Sales, negotiation and closing skills (Essential)
- Drivers licence (Essential)
- Basic financial acumen (Essential)
- Good financial acumen of hotel properties (Desirable)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience of Hotel industry sales in the Northern suburbs of Johannesburg. (Essential).
- Experience in selling to the Corporate Hotel Market (Essential).
- Middle management experience in hotels (Essential).
- Matric (Essential).
- Further qualification in sales and marketing (Desirable).
Salary & Benefits
R12 000.00 ctc pm
If you are interested and you have been employed by your current unit and your current position for more than one (1) year, you may apply for the above position by forwarding your CV to:
Carel Pienaar - General Manager Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments
firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off your application in the postbox situated in front of my office
Please regard your application as unsuccessful if you have not received a reply within two weeks.