At Faircity Hotels we strive to offer a sustainable culture of 'fast, efficient, professional and friendly' service in an entrepreneurial working environment. If you believe that you would fit into this culture, a career at Faircity Hotels may be for you.
Below are career opportunities currently available within the group:
Assisting the F&B Manager to manage and control all catering, conferencing and banqueting outlets in the hotel, maximising revenues and profits to agreed budgetary specifications.
Main Job objectives:
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service of all meals, snacks, functions and beverages to local and international accepted standards.
- To ensure that profit margins are maintained and agreed costs not exceeded through effective control systems, including issuing against dockets, sales analysis, menu costing stock control and cash checks.
- Responsible for the daily duty management, control and disciplines of all F&B outlets within the property as directed by duty management shifts.
- Responsible for management of all staff activities, implementing & monitoring standards, driving professionalism, providing feedback to General Manager, managing performance, engendering support and building loyalty.
- Responsible for directing work, addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Responsible for disciplines in all outlets, readiness of all outlets, cleanliness, mise en place, staff levels, uniforms, food presentation, buffet displays, food and drink service sequence as well as the overall standards of service.
- Responsible for daily control of all operating equipment, beverage stocks, linen and consumables – counting, issuing, storage area cleanliness etc.
- Responsible for daily cash-ups and POS charges.
- Responsible for staff training to ensure compliance and competency, monitoring staff productivity and CAR to General Manager for any shortcomings.
- Actively work with and engage the team, contribute towards positively changing staff behaviour, delivery of service standards, ensuring guest satisfaction. Apply a "Think on your feet" approach – passionate, embracing, proactive, and committed.
- Constantly work the floor during service times to test guest feedback, coach staff and remedy issues.
- Ensure that all aspects of safety and hygiene are stringently enforced as directed by the relevant legislation and standard operation procedures of the Company.
Job Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Sound knowledge of food and beverage standards (Essential)
- Sound understanding of all aspects pertaining to safety and hygiene (Essential)
- Understanding of best human resources practices (Essential)
- Reading, writing
- Comprehension of policies & Procedures
- Analytical skills
- Ability to communicate in English
- Exceptional command of the English language
- People focused
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, email
- Creative flair
- Open and transparent
- Sound decision making ability
- Standards focused – attention to detail
- High energy levels - enthusiastic
- Team player
- Stress Management
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Grade 12 (Essential)
- Diploma/Degree in Hospitality Management (Desirable)
- Job related courses (Desirable)
- Own Transport
- Must be willing to do Occupational Assessments
If you are interested and you have been employed by your current unit for more than one (1) year, you may apply for the above position by forwarding your CV to:
Greg Waspe, General Manager
Contact number: 012 845 5063
Fax: 086 572 1894
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 April 2014